Note : All Viralelt posts share the same structure. Teacher’s notes appear only on How to use Viralelt. This is done to keep “teacher text” to a minimum and avoid repetition.
- What do you think of the way the violinist reacted to being interrupted? How do you think the person whose phone rang felt?
- How do you normally react when somebody interrupts you? Does this depend on what you’re doing at the time?
- Apart from people’s phones ringing, what other annoying situations can you experience in a concert or at the cinema?
- In which situations should you put your phone in silent mode? Do you always remember to do this?
- Do you ever start using your phone when you are talking to other people?
- Do you think students should be allowed to use their phones in class?
- Do you always answer your phone when it rings or do you sometimes just let your phone ring and ignore the call?
- How often do you turn on your phone to see if somebody has contacted you? Do you look at messages as soon as you receive notifications?
- Talk about a sound that you find particularly irritating.
- Is noise pollution (traffic, road works, people shouting in the street etc) a serious problem? What effects can it have on people? Is it a problem where you live?
Which one of the above questions is being discussed?
Download “Question time” and the “Sitting comfortably?” script in an editable Word document here.
Thanks for dropping by! | Viralelt by Tefltecher
4 thoughts on “Musicus interruptus”
Congratulations on your new blog. It looks visually attractive, I just love it, but above thank you for sharing your remix of this lesson which my learners and I adored. I will manage to go back to the topic so they can take advantage of listening to the recording. This is so powerful and important for our learners as we (teachers) are not native speakers. (another reason to be thankful) By the way, as a follow up to this lesson we used sounds for storytelling.
Thanks, Debbie. I’m really glad you find the blog useful. 🙂 All the best. Ian
Reblogged this on lessonsinefl and commented:
I find this blog just superb!
Just superb! I ‘m hooked!