Note : All Viralelt posts share the same structure. Teacher’s notes appear only on How to use Viralelt. This is done to keep “teacher text” to a minimum and avoid repetition.
- Do you think the dog in the video knows it has done something wrong? When dogs look guilty do you think they feel guilty?
- How do dogs see humans? If they could speak, how would they explain their relationship with humans?
- Some people say that we often treat animals as if they were human. Is it wrong to do this?
- When owners speak to their dogs do you think the dog understands what they are saying?
- What do you understand by the saying “Dogs are man’s best friend”? Do you agree?
- Apart from the incident shown in the video, what other problems can dogs cause their owners?
- Why is it important to train a dog? What does training a dog involve?
- Which of the following emotions do you think dogs experience: fear, anger, guilt, love, grief, joy, embarrassment, humour, loneliness?
- Do you think people who live in the country have a different attitude to animals from people who live in the city?
- There is some disagreement about whether the meaning of the saying “It’s a dog’s life” is positive or negative. Do you think that a dog’s life is hard and unpleasant or easy and full of leisure?
Which 2 of the above questions are being discussed?
Download “Question time” and the “Sitting comfortably?” script in an editable Word document here.
Thanks for dropping by! | Viralelt by Tefltecher