Optional lead-in : Show your students this still image from the video and ask them to make up mini-stories to explain what is happening.
Note : All Viralelt posts share the same structure. Teacher’s notes appear only on How to use Viralelt. This is done to keep “teacher text” to a minimum and avoid repetition.
- What would you have done in this situation?
- Is it a good idea for ordinary members of the public to confront people who are behaving anti-socially?
- Why do people drop litter?
- Is litter a big problem where you live? Are there enough litter bins?
- Are some types of litter worse than others?
- Do you ever drop litter? What do you do if you can’t find a litter bin?
- Do you think people are more likely to drop litter when they are in the city or in the countryside?
- What can be done to prevent people dropping litter?
- It is often said that many people act out of character when they are in their cars. There is even an expression (road rage) to describe the aggressive behaviour shown by some drivers. Do you think we act out of character when we are behind the wheel?
- Would you ever pick up litter that another person had dropped, for example, a plastic bottle on the floor of a shopping centre?
Two optional viral videos on the same theme : (1) Flashmob in a Canadian shopping centre. Goes with question 10 of Question Time. (2) Russian anti-litter vigilante takes revenge from a motorbike.
Which two of the above questions are being discussed?
Download “Question time” and the “Sitting comfortably?” script in an editable Word document here.
Thanks for dropping by! | Viralelt by Tefltecher