Note : All Viralelt posts share the same structure. Teacher’s notes appear only on How to use Viralelt. This is done to keep “teacher text” to a minimum and avoid repetition.
Petcube and iFetch are two electronic devices which aim to make pet ownership less onerous by automating playtime and pet-sitting. Petcube is an interactive camera and treat dispenser controlled remotely via smartphone. iFetch is an automatic ball launcher for playing run and fetch.
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet was a popular 80s comedy-drama series about the adventures of seven British migrant construction workers in Düsseldorf, Germany. “Pet” is a common term of endearment in the UK.
- How do you react to the video(s) you’ve just seen?
- How much time should pet owners spend with their pets? Does this depend on the animal? Do you think most pet owners manage to spend enough time with their pets?
- What can pet owners do with their pets when they go away? Can you think of any other ways in which having a pet might interfere with their owner’s daily life and free time activities?
- “If people really need to resort to technology because they can’t care for their pets, they should just go one step further and get a robot pet. I understand there are quite a few models on the market these days.” Do you agree with this opinion?
- What do you think of the way animals are portrayed on social media like Youtube and Facebook? Why do people post so many videos and photos of animals? Have you ever put a video or photo of an animal on the internet?
- Do animals play in a similar way to humans? What do you think is going through an animal’s head when it’s playing with its owner? Do you think dogs and cats will get bored of the games shown in the video?
- Are pets different from other animals? Do you think people should treat pets differently from other animals?
- Do you think the following animals are happier living in the wild or being kept as pets?
Budgies | Cats | Dogs | Fish | Hamsters | Turtles and Tortoises
- It’s common to hear people say that pets and their owners end up being very similar to each other. Do you share this opinion? Why might this be the case?
- Would humans make good pets if super-intelligent robots or extra-terrestrial beings took control of society in some dystopic future?
Which two of the above questions are being discussed?
Download “Question time” and the “Sitting comfortably?” script in an editable Word document here.
B : “Cat-friend vs Dog-friend”. Humans behaving like pets.
Thanks for dropping by! | Viralelt by Tefltecher